Do you ever have that “I NEED CHOCOLATE RIGHT NOW OR HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL!” feeling?! If so, then this No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies recipe is for you!!!!
These cookies are Super Yummy and Really Easy to make! Plus there are no eggs in the batter, so licking the bowl for you or the kiddos is a must! I have to warn you, these yummy, gooey, chocolatey cookies can be addictive!
No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooling Time: 30 minutes to overnight
½ cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 to 3 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
1. Add the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a small saucepan. Give them a quick stir. Turn the heat on high, and leave the mixture alone. (No more stirring.)
2. Bring the mixture to a full, rolling boil, and let it boil for exactly 1 minute. Remove immediately from the heat.
4. Use a large wooden spoon, Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then slowly stir in the oats (one cup at a time)
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper. (If you don’t have wax paper then use tin foil sprayed with cooking spray)
6. Let the cookies cool until set.
(Recipe adapted from Ezra Pound Cake)