Our family is CrAzY about Fall! One of our favorite things to do is go to a farm to get our yearly Pumpkin! This year we decided to head to Old McDonald’s Farm in Sale Creek, TN (just outside Chattanooga, TN).
Old McDonald Farm is an actual working farm. They raise cattle and grow corn. Each Fall the McDonald family welcomes visitors from mid September to mid November for a variety of fall activities! It is so beautiful and spacious, perfect for a fun, fall day with your family!
We were super excited when we saw a real tractor pulled hay ride! We jumped right on so we could head out to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out our pumpkin!
You get to choose one (select size) pumpkin for Free with your paid admission. Plus you can choose more at a super discounted rate!
We choose some for painting, some for carving and some for eating! Luckily they had wagons you could use to carry the pumpkins to your car!
And the wagon was great for hauling the kiddos back to the Farm!
Next we went to the Kids Play Area! The Biggest HIT of the Farm was the Corn Crib! They jumped right in to play!
We stayed at the Corn Crib for a LONG TIME!
They have a serious 6.5 mile corn maze, but with our little ones we opted for the “not as difficult” hay maze.
Then we went back to the Corn Crib . . .
Since it’s a farm there were even baby farm animals! The kiddos loved chasing, petting and feeding the animals!
Then we went back to the Corn Crib. . .
One of the guys’ favorite things to do was the Pumpkin Sling Shot! (This cost us extra, but was very reasonable at just $1.00 for 3 small pumpkins)
They even had super fun slides from the Barn!
Pros of Old McDonald’s Farm:
- You can pick your own pumpkin
- You can get more pumpkins at a super discount
- They actually have BATHROOMS!! AND they are nice and clean!
- Corn Crib for younger kids and the Corn Maze for adults/Older Kids
Cons of Old McDonald’s Farm:
- If you have a lot of people the cost of admission can add up! Although you get an entire day of family entertainment AND you get a pumpkin.
- I would suggest bringing a picnic lunch. They only food options were hot dogs, BBQ Sandwiches and snack type food (popcorn, ice cream, chips, candy, etc)
We had a Fantastic Time and we will definitely be going back!
Does your family have a favorite Pumpkin Patch near you that you go to each year?! Let us know about it in the comments below!