In celebration of Dr. Seuss’ Birthday, I am writing this Cindy Lou Who Hair Tutorial! My daughter was very excited to be able to dress up as Cindy Lou Who and go to school for Dr. Seuss’ Birthday Party!
Cindy Lou Who Hair Tutorial:
Items you will need:
- Hair Bands (at least 2 depending on how long your or your daughter’s hair it)
- Bobby Pins
- Red Hair Bow
- plastic cup (we used a Jell-O Pudding cup)
- Hairspray (not pictured)
- Curling Iron (not pictured)
Directions . . .
1) Separate Hair into three sections (crown of head and then parted in back center like in the picture)
2) Make your two braids, make sure they are coming to the front and NOT down the back.
3) Now, in the center of hair on the top of head place the plastic cup.
4) Pull all the hair up and around the plastic cut so that you don’t see it. You want it to be good and hidden. Put hair in hair band.
5) Now depending on how long your hair is you may be able to just put in another hair band OR you will have to fold it over and put in 2 hair bands (like I had to in the picture). You want the hair to be sticking up!
6) Curl the top of the hair that is sticking out of the pony tail. You will want to curl it under.
7) Next use your bobby pins to pin the braids up.
8) Don’t forget your Red Bow!
9) Last thing is to Spray with Hair Spray, Then spray with hair spray. Did I mention spray with hair spray! Yes, you will want to spray and spray to make sure it stays!
If you LOVE Dr. Suess don’t forget to snag your Dr. Seuss 5 Books + a Backpack for Only $5.95 + FREE Shipping! (LIMITED Quantity!)
I hope you liked this Cindy Lou Who Hair Tutorial! If so, don’t forget to repin it on Pinterest. This would be great for Read Across American Day or repin for a great Halloween costume!